Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Welcome Parker Marie!

Last weekend, we and I made a fast and furious trip to North Texas to meet my precious little niece Parker Marie.  My first reaction was a mix of emotions...pure excitement for my sister and her husband...what an amazing addition to our family!  However, I was also struck with a bit of sadness...it seems like just yesterday that my own Hallie was once a newborn.  It is easy to get wrapped up in the responsibility of tending to an infants every need that we sometimes forget to take time to remember all the little details.

So of course I took my camera and of course I could not resist taking a few pictures of the sleeping beauty.  Because I am no flash photographer, natural light was my only option.  Fortunately Parker's house has a nice large picture window and the overcast conditions outside gave us some nice soft light. For my first attempt at shooting a newborn, I was fairly pleased with the results.

I can't wait to watch this little Jewel grow and change.  You know this proud Aunt will be right there to capture all I can with my camera.  Congratulations Meghan and Taylor!






No comments:

Post a Comment