Friday, April 27, 2012

Down the Road

Last weekend, while on the way back from our weekend adventure in Santa Fe, I spotted this incredibly photograph-able vintage sign right off the road.  We were traveling Highway 285 South and let me just mention that New Mexico might be "The Land of Enchantment", but this particular portion of New Mexico was less than enchanting.  Never mind the fact that I was suffering extreme exhaustion and a slightly more than slight hangover.  Somehow I persuaded Cody to pull over for just long enough to snap this picture.  To some it might not seem like much, but the more I look at it the more I love it.  The colors are vivid and fabulous while it sports just enough "vintage" to add visual interest.  The exposure is spot on.  A few slight edits in PSE 10 and voila!  Most importantly, for me, it proves that my pictures continue to improve.  I have managed to make it another mile down the long, winding road of digital photography.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment