Sunday, March 24, 2013

Carnival Time in West Texas

I must admit the carnival wasn't nearly as nostalgic as it was at age 13.  Partially because now that I am a mom, I stayed busy assessing the safety of each ride and making sure I hadn't seen any of the Carnies' photos on America's Most Wanted.  I was in fact a little disappointed that this particular carnival seemed so small (how can you have a carnival without a ferris wheel???), however it might be because my fondest memories as a child have faded away.  Or perhaps it was the fact that the wind was blowing
about 90 miles an hour and I was constantly dodging clouds of dust while trying to protect my expensive camera equipment.

My disappointment, however was quickly replaced with joy as I watched the magic in little Hallie's eyes.  After all, isn't that what the carnival is all about???  At first, she seemed a little unsure, but after completing her first ride, she was hooked.  I have to report that this confirmed the fact that we have a little daredevil on our hands...I mean how many kids take their 1st roller coster ride in a diaper?

All and all, it was a fun family evening and while the carnival has a little bit different meaning to me now a days, I am already looking forward to taking Hallie back again next year.














      

No comments:

Post a Comment